2016: Episode 2
Pierre Bouvard, now the Chief Insights Officer at Cumulus Media and Westwood One, has a long history of gleaning insights from data in the broadcasting industry. He discusses the adoption of Nielsen's PPM ratings system, the importance of data to radio advertisers, and the arrival of Cumulus Media's new CEO, Mary Berner.
Here's what we discussed in this interview:
- Pierre worked for Coleman Insights.
- Pierre helped flip Hot 106 in Los Angeles to the hip-hop format (Hear the interviews with Jeff Smulyan and Rick Cummings).
- Kathy Crawford at Mindshare, Janice Finkel-Green at Initiative, and Joel Hollander at CBS were instrumental to getting Arbitron's PPM system off the ground.
- Pierre worked for Tivo Research and Analytics.
- Nielsen purchased Exelate to append data to its ratings information.
- Pierre believes that Next Radio is going to provide radio with data similar to what the television industry collects.
- Westwood One conducted a recent study on podcasting.
- Learn more about the Worldwide Radio Summit.
Produced by James Clausen. Special thanks to Joel Denver and Matt Shapo of All Access.
Latest posts by Seth Resler (see all)
- Do Not Use Photos on Your Radio Station Website Unless You Have the Rights - September 21, 2018
- Worldwide Radio Summit Podcast: Carolyn Gilbert of NuVoodoo Media Services - September 20, 2018
- Use These 4 Channels to Drive Traffic to Your Radio Station's Website - September 14, 2018