2016: Episode 5
Peter Szabo, former SVP of Global Music at Shazam, talks about how the music recognition mobile app can be used by radio stations. He discusses the introduction of audio ads at Pandora, how Shazam showed the power of television when breaking bands, and how Old Navy demonstrated the power of audio recognition in driving sales.
Here's what we discussed in this interview:
- Peter worked for Kiss 108 and Jam'n 94.5 in Boston.
- Peter helped launch audio ads at Pandora.
- Old Navy was an early pioneer in Shazamable ads.
- Shazam's Explore feature allows people to see the top songs in a market.
- The Postal Service credits KROQ for their big break.
- Shazam helped propel Hozier's “Arsonist Lullaby.”
- Learn more about the Worldwide Radio Summit.
Produced by James Clausen. Special thanks to Joel Denver and Matt Shapo of All Access.
Latest posts by Seth Resler (see all)
- Use Exclusive Bonus Content to Promote Your Radio Station's App - February 15, 2019
- CES for Radio Podcast: Honda's Dream Drive - February 14, 2019
- How to Use Email Templates to Book Guests for Your Radio Show or Podcast - February 8, 2019