I often listen to radio stations talk about pulling all of their digital tools together into a single coherent plan using a Content Marketing strategy. But Content Marketing can be effective on the sales side of the building, too, and can be a catalyst for generating new business.
For example, Content Marketing can be a powerful tool for generating sales leads and building your station's marketing credibility. By publishing content that interests potential advertisers, radio stations can attract more business. This short video explains how the concept works:
Content Marketing with Webinars
One of the best ways to employ Content Marketing for lead generation is through the use of webinars. The concept is simple: When advertisers, marketers, and clients register for a webinar, you capture their email address. You can then engage them in a lead nurturing email campaign, periodically sending them other useful and relevant content. This keeps your radio station top of mind, so when they are ready to advertise, they are more likely to seek you out.
We use this technique at Jacobs Media all the time. In fact, webinars have become our top method of capturing email addresses. Just last week, I hosted a webinar on How to Use Webinars to Generate Sales leads (“How meta!”). You can watch the recording here:
More Digital Tips
- How to Write a Social Media Policy for Your Radio Station
- 5 Things Every Radio Station Website Needs to Close More Sales
- You're a Radio DJ. You've Lost Your Job. How to Take Control of Your Online Presence.
- How to Run a Weekly Website Meeting for Your Radio Station
- 20 Ways to Use Twitter’s #FollowFriday Meme to Engage Your Radio Station’s Community
- A Simple Digital Treat to Thank Your Radio Listeners This Thanksgiving - November 13, 2023
- Interview Questions When Hiring Your Radio Station's Next Digital Marketing Manager - November 6, 2023
- A Radio Conversation with ChatGPT: Part 2 – Promotions - October 30, 2023