Our annual Techsurvey is the radio broadcasting industry's largest survey, with over 500 participating radio stations and more than 46,000 radio listeners in 2020. This study examines the online habits of radio audiences and has enabled us to identify key digital trends. This year's survey examines:
- Smart speakers like Amazon’s Alexa and Google Home
- On-demand entertainment options like podcasts, Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube TV
- Radio station mobile apps: listener downloads and consumption patterns
- Connected cars, their continued growth, and their impact on media consumption and driving
- Why consumers continue to listen to radio and how radio can build on its strengths
- How do consumer perceptions of the reach of Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and broadcast radio compare to the reality for each medium?
- The rise of “hearables” – who’s buying earbuds and wireless headphones?