It’s that time of year when we set goals for ourselves and our radio stations. What will your 2018 digital strategy resolutions be? If you need some inspiration, here are some ideas:
- Set explicit goals for the radio station’s website.
- Figure out how listeners interact with the radio station’s website.
- Gather the staff to monitor the radio station’s digital metrics every week.
- Start a radio station blog.
- Increase the radio station’s blog output to ___ posts per week.
- Enlist key people in the community to contribute to your radio station’s blog.
- Optimize your radio station’s blog for search engines like Google.
- Grow your radio station’s email list.
- Automate the radio station’s email campaigns.
- Set up an email campaign to recycle the radio station’s evergreen digital content.
- Tailor your campaigns to send more relevant emails to listeners.
- Build a customized show prep service to make your morning show sound more local.
- Teach your airstaff what to share on social media.
- Use the radio station’s website to generate more sales leads.
- Integrate your radio station’s events with its digital strategy.
- Take your radio station’s mobile app to the next level.
- Clean up the way your radio station appears in the car dashboard.
- Test and improve the way your radio station is accessed on smart speakers like the Amazon Echo, Google Home, and Apple HomePod.
This is the year to take your radio station’s digital strategy to the next level. Let me know if I can help.
More Digital Tips
- How to Write a Social Media Policy for Your Radio Station
- You’re a Radio DJ. You’ve Lost Your Job. How to Take Control of Your Online Presence.
- How to Run a Weekly Website Meeting for Your Radio Station
- 20 Ways to Use Twitter’s #FollowFriday Meme to Engage Your Radio Station’s Community
- Ask These Two Questions Before Every Radio Station Promotion