Our 11th annual national web study of radio listeners tracks a highly evolving and changing media environment. Thirteen different radio formats and four generations provide the narrative that explains this evolving landscape.
Key 2015 Findings
- The lion’s share of listening happens in a moving vehicle. 89% say an AM/FM radio in a new car is very important.
- 74% say they rarely or never change their car radio pushbuttons or media settings.
- 94% have a Facebook profile and 73% visit the platform at least daily.
- Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Snapchat are also major players among key audience groups.
- 81% now own a smartphone. 34% say they’re addicted to these gadgets.
- 66% of those who stream a station say they’d be willing to provide registration information.
- Radio remains #1 for music discovery, but Pandora and YouTube are growing in importance.
- 24% are aware of the FM radio chip. 58% say they’d listen to FM radio more if it were activated.
- Just as many people who wake up with the aid of clock radio now rise and shine with a cell phone (both with 40%).
- 2% of respondents own a smartwatch. 37% are interested in one of these wearable devices.
Download the Slide Deck