Deadline: December 22, 2022
Our annual Techsurvey is the radio broadcasting industry's largest survey, with our 2022 survey having more than 470 radio stations participate, yielding nearly 31,000 surveys from core radio listeners.
This year’s study and its trending to our prior three studies – the 2020 version fielded entirely pre-COVID and both the 2021 and 2022 studies were conducted during COVID – provides us with a unique opportunity to be able to continue to chart the impact of the pandemic on everything – radio listening, continued shifts towards digital media, and overall changes in lifestyle, locations, and habits.
We will also continue to delve deeply into the online habits of radio audiences, including:
- On-demand entertainment options including podcasts and smart speakers, and video streamers like Netflix and Hulu and the “subscription economy.” Would your fans be willing to pay a monthly fee for a commercial-free version of your station?
- Reactions to the latest technology hot topic, the metaverse
- The peaks and valleys of social media, including Facebook, TikTok and Twitter
- The continued value of broadcast radio’s contests and events, and how to optimize them for your benefit
- Building on radio’s core strengths, and meeting listeners where they are as behaviors continue to shift
Every participating station will be able to see the nationwide results.
For a small fee, stakeholders can also see the results for their individual radio stations. In deference to the economic impact of the pandemic and inflation, we’re keeping with the $50 price reduction for each tier (as seen below).
You may also choose to participate at no cost, however, no local data is included. You'll instead receive the national findings, two separate media usage and brand usage pyramids, along with participation in a stakeholders webinar if you choose this no fee option.
We invite your radio station to participate in Techsurvey 2023. The survey covers commercial radio stations in the U.S. and Canada.
(Separate Public Radio and Christian Music studies will follow, with registration following in late winter/early spring 2023)