Deadline: December 22, 2020
Our annual Techsurvey is the radio broadcasting industry's largest survey, with our 2020 survey – fielded pre-COVID – having more than 500 radio stations participate, yielding 46,000 surveys from core radio listeners.
This year’s study will examine the pandemic’s impact on everything – radio listening, acquisition of gadgets like smart speakers, and overall changes in lifestyle, locations, and habits. We will also continue to delve deeply into the online habits of radio audiences, including:
- Smart speakers like Amazon’s Alexa, Google Home, and Apple HomePod
- On-demand entertainment options like podcasts, Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube TV
- Zoom and the explosive rise of virtual video platforms
- Video gaming habits, including how radio broadcasters can take advantage of its surge
- Building on radio’s strengths, especially during this time of the pandemic
Every participating station will be able to see the nationwide results.
For a small fee, reduced this year by $50 for each tier in deference to the economic impact of the pandemic, stakeholders can also see the results for their individual radio stations:
You may also choose to participate at no cost, however, no local data is included. You'll instead receive the national findings, two separate media usage and brand usage pyramids, along with participation in a stakeholders webinar if you choose this no fee option.
We invite your radio station to participate in Techsurvey 2021!
(separate Public Radio and Christian Music studies will follow, with registration following in late winter/early spring 2021)