In partnership with PRPD, we invite your public radio station to participate in Public Radio Techsurvey 2022. The goal of these PRTS studies is to help public radio stations better understand the impact change and disruption have on their operations and help them strategically navigate the digital waters to maximize effectiveness, build strategies, communicate to staffs, and set priorities.
This is our 14th annual survey tracking the habits, needs, and desires of core public radio listeners. This year’s survey will tackle some of the following:
- Are we approaching “normal?” Last year’s PRTS study showed public radio very much impacted by COVID, and we will track listeners’ changing behaviors.
- Who’s the competition? Does public radio compete against other broadcast stations or has the landscape changed? Who is competing for the time and attention of the audience? We have an exciting new question series we’ll debut in PRTS 2022.
- How to navigate the generational shift? New platforms and content portals are emerging. How can (or should) public radio participate, and how does that activity impact new audiences as well as the core?
- How is public radio’s news image and reputation holding up post-COVID? Have news habits demonstrably changed since the Trump years and what impact (if any) is that having on public radio?
- Which streaming audio and video platforms are seeing increased usage among your listeners (and which are falling)?
- Are public radio’s core values shifting, especially among different generations of public radio listeners?
- How will 2022’s mid-term elections impact public radio’s coverage strategy locally?
For a modest fee, stakeholder stations will receive an array of information to help guide your understanding and decision-making: complete totals for the survey, your format, and your local audience, along with key demographic breakouts. In addition, an executive summary will be presented via webinar upon analysis of the data. It will be open to stakeholder stations and their entire staffs only.
- Top 30 Markets: $550 (PRPD Members)
- Markets 31-75: $450 (PRPD Members)
- Markets 76+: $350 (PRPD Members)
- Non-PRPD Members: $750
PRTS 2022 is set to field beginning in early June and into early July; stations whose fiscal year ends in June will have the option to either pay before or after the June 30th date.
The deadline for registration is Thursday, May 26th.