Stations can sign up now for what will be the largest survey about technology ever conducted for radio
Bingham Farms, MI — Jacobs Media announced today that registration is open for radio stations to participate in Techsurvey 2018. Last year’s survey broke ground once again in the annual series that began in 2005. Overall, 321 radio stations across North America, representing a diverse group of broadcasting companies, contributed more than 50,000 respondents to radio’s largest web survey devoted to media and technology.
Fourteen different formats were represented, helping programmers and managers focus their efforts and resources on what is truly important for their listeners. Techsurvey 2018 will provide even more insights as Jacobs Media tracks media usage and tech trends.
According to Jacobs Media President Fred Jacobs, “The data from early this year in Techsurvey13 was revealing, providing broadcasters with a unique look at their audiences. The continued growth of digital platforms, the emotional triggers that make broadcast radio unique across different generations, podcasting and Smart speakers were all areas that provided great guidance to help the industry better understand the shifting media landscape. Techsurvey 2018 will be even bigger and better.”
This year's study will launch in mid-January. Stations have until January 19th to sign up: www.jacobsmedia.com/techsurvey
Techsurvey 2018 will again feature trending so broadcasters can track the changes that occur with audience usage and habits from year-to-year, as well as deeper dives into the following areas:
- Further examination of how generations impact behaviors and media choices
- A detailed look at the state of podcasting – who’s participating, how they’re used, and what types of podcasts they prefer
- Social media growth – specifically, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat – and how stations can best participate in this space
- Use of Internet radio, from station streams to Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Apple Music and others
- How listeners connect with stations utilizing streams, websites, social media, podcasts, etc.
- The subscription mindset – what are consumers willing to pay for on-demand entertainment and information?
- Connected cars (and future autonomous cars), and their impact on media consumption, the new “at-work,” and consumer behavior and audio choices
- The continued growth of mobile phones, tablets, and apps
- Trending on smartwatches
- The impact of smart speakers, and how they’re being used as in-home “radios”
- The cord-cutting mindset and customization of entertainment
- The changing world of new music discovery
The public release of Techsurvey 2018 will premiere at the Worldwide Radio Summit in Los Angeles on May 3rd, 2018.
Stations can participate in two different ways:
- No fee – This allows participation in the results webinar, along with receiving national data
- A small fee based on market size – Stakeholder stations receive all the national data, participation in the webinar, as well as an in-depth look at their unique audience, their format’s audience, including their station’s “Media Usage Pyramid” and “Brand Platform Pyramid”
Broadcasters can sign up online www.jacobsmedia.com/techsurvey and/or contact Lisa Riker at Jacobs Media for more information: 248-353-9030 or email@example.com
Techsurvey 2018 is proudly produced in partnership with All Access.
Latest posts by About Jacobs Media (see all)
- Digital Listening Continues to Impact Key Radio Listening Locations – the Home, the Car, & the Workplace - May 16, 2018
- Jacobs Media Expands Relationship With Podcast Movement - February 22, 2018
- New Online Study Reveals Smart Speaker Penetration Set to Surge During 2017 Holiday Shopping Season - November 29, 2017