2015: Episode 7
Ryan Wild is not only the Music Director of Indie/Alternative at AOL, but when we recorded this interview he was also the OM/PD of two terrestrial Chicago stations, WZSR-FM and WFXF-FM. He has since been hired by NRG to be the Operations Manager of Classic Rock KOOO-FM, Hot AC KQKQ-FM, and Urban CHR KOPW-FM.
In this interview, he talks about:
- On average week, Ryan adds records to 15-20 radio stations
- The AOL data suggests that terrestrial radio bails on records early
- Unlike terrestrial radio, listeners can skip songs on AOL radio
- AOL Radio has a mobile app (iOS and Android)
- Ryan works closely with Mary McCann at AOL
Produced by James Clausen.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
Latest posts by Seth Resler (see all)
- Creating Personas: Envision the Audience for Your Radio Station’s Blog or Podcast - December 8, 2017
- How to Add Calls to Action to Your Radio Station’s YouTube Videos - December 1, 2017
- How to Get Your Listeners to Write Your Radio Station’s Blog - November 24, 2017