2015: Episode 9
Rick Cummings has been at Emmis Communications for over three decades. Today, he is the company’s President of Radio Programming.
Here’s what he talked about in this interview:
- Funkmaster Flex of Hot 97 in New York City designed a Ford car
- The Cruz Show at Power 106 in Los Angeles is encouraged to create web-only content
- Radio slept through the smartphone; it can’t sleep through the auto center stack or it’s dead.
- The NextRadio App and the Nielsen SDK may give radio data collection abilities so it can compete with internet advertising services
- Radio salespeople are asking for greater digital fluency
- Emmis programmers have digital goals in addition to ratings goals
- Emmis is experimenting with on-demand audio
- Emmis has been named a top place to work in Indiana
Produced by James Clausen.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
Latest posts by Seth Resler (see all)
- How to Add a Cover Video to Your Radio Station’s Facebook Page - August 11, 2017
- Social Media Is for Traffic Spurts. Google Is the Gift That Keeps on Giving. - August 4, 2017
- 5 Ways On-Air Personalities Can Extend Their Brands Beyond Radio - August 4, 2017