2015: Episode 9
Rick Cummings has been at Emmis Communications for over three decades. Today, he is the company’s President of Radio Programming.
Here’s what he talked about in this interview:
- Funkmaster Flex of Hot 97 in New York City designed a Ford car
- The Cruz Show at Power 106 in Los Angeles is encouraged to create web-only content
- Radio slept through the smartphone; it can’t sleep through the auto center stack or it’s dead.
- The NextRadio App and the Nielsen SDK may give radio data collection abilities so it can compete with internet advertising services
- Radio salespeople are asking for greater digital fluency
- Emmis programmers have digital goals in addition to ratings goals
- Emmis is experimenting with on-demand audio
- Emmis has been named a top place to work in Indiana
Produced by James Clausen.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
Latest posts by Seth Resler (see all)
- Worldwide Radio Summit Podcast: Greg Strassell of Hubbard Radio - October 18, 2017
- 7 Common Mistakes Radio Stations Make With Their Email Marketing - October 13, 2017
- Worldwide Radio Summit Podcast: Talent Coach and Author Valerie Geller - October 11, 2017