2015: Episode 9
Rick Cummings has been at Emmis Communications for over three decades. Today, he is the company’s President of Radio Programming.
Here’s what he talked about in this interview:
- Funkmaster Flex of Hot 97 in New York City designed a Ford car
- The Cruz Show at Power 106 in Los Angeles is encouraged to create web-only content
- Radio slept through the smartphone; it can’t sleep through the auto center stack or it’s dead.
- The NextRadio App and the Nielsen SDK may give radio data collection abilities so it can compete with internet advertising services
- Radio salespeople are asking for greater digital fluency
- Emmis programmers have digital goals in addition to ratings goals
- Emmis is experimenting with on-demand audio
- Emmis has been named a top place to work in Indiana
Produced by James Clausen.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
Latest posts by Seth Resler (see all)
- Creating Personas: Envision the Audience for Your Radio Station’s Blog or Podcast - December 8, 2017
- How to Add Calls to Action to Your Radio Station’s YouTube Videos - December 1, 2017
- How to Get Your Listeners to Write Your Radio Station’s Blog - November 24, 2017