2016: Episode 10
JV, Host of The JV Show on Wild 94.9 in San Francisco, talks about his personal journey as host. He discusses the highs and lows of being a popular radio morning show host, from drug use and firings to saving the lives of sick children.
Here’s what we discussed in this interview:
- JV and Elvis teamed up to the The Dog House morning show.
- Prior to JV and Elvis taking over the Wild 107.7 morning show, Mancow hosted a controversial haircut stunt.
- JV swam to Alcatraz to raise money for a young girl who needed to see a doctor.
- JV broke Armand’s Van Helden’s “The Funk Phenomena.”
- DJ Jose Melendez comes with the Wild 94.9 building.
- When Howard Stern left terrestrial radio for Sirius, JV and Elvis took The Dog House to Free FM in New York City.
- David Lee Roth hosted a morning show on Free FM.
- JV and Elvis feuded with Opie & Anthony when both shows were on Free FM.
- Don Imus was embroiled in controversy over a remark he made about the Rutgers basketball team.
- JV and Elvis ran into trouble with a prank phone call to a Chinese restaurant.
- JV, Elvis, and Natashi Yi host The Dog House as a talk show now.
- Learn more about the Worldwide Radio Summit.
Produced by James Clausen. Special thanks to Joel Denver and Matt Shapo of All Access.
NOTE: This episode contains explicit language.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
Latest posts by Seth Resler (see all)
- How to Add a Cover Video to Your Radio Station’s Facebook Page - August 11, 2017
- Social Media Is for Traffic Spurts. Google Is the Gift That Keeps on Giving. - August 4, 2017
- 5 Ways On-Air Personalities Can Extend Their Brands Beyond Radio - August 4, 2017