2016: Episode 4
Dean Cappello, the Executive Vice President & Chief Content Officer at WNYC, the legendary public radio station in New York City, talks about the state of the radio broadcasting industry. He discusses the range of topics audiences are interested in, what a “Chief Content Officer” at a radio station does, and putting on-demand audio behind a paywall.
Here’s what we discussed in this interview:
- Dean considers himself a Howard Stern P1.
- WNYC Studios launched the 2 Dope Queens podcast featuring comedians Phoebe Robinson and Jessica Williams.
- Jad Abumrad of RadioLab helped promote 2 Dope Queens on terrestrial radio stations.
- WNYC’s There Goes the Neighborhood podcast explores the gentrification of Brooklyn.
- Audible, Amazon’s audio book company, has a subscription service business model.
- Dean had just returned from the Radio Days Europe conference.
- Learn more about the Worldwide Radio Summit.
Produced by James Clausen. Special thanks to Joel Denver and Matt Shapo of All Access.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
Latest posts by Seth Resler (see all)
- Creating Personas: Envision the Audience for Your Radio Station’s Blog or Podcast - December 8, 2017
- How to Add Calls to Action to Your Radio Station’s YouTube Videos - December 1, 2017
- How to Get Your Listeners to Write Your Radio Station’s Blog - November 24, 2017