Stations can sign up now for what will be the largest survey about technology ever conducted for radio
Jacobs Media announced today that registration is open for radio stations to register to participate in Techsurvey13. Last year, Jacobs Media’s Techsurvey12 was a groundbreaking survey. Overall, 255 radio stations across North America representing a diverse group of broadcasting companies contributed more than 39,500 respondents to radio’s largest survey devoted to media and technology.
Twelve different formats were represented, helping programmers and managers focus their efforts and resources on what is truly important for their listeners. Techsurvey13 will provide even more insights as Jacobs Media tracks media usage and tech trends.
According to Jacobs Media President Fred Jacobs, “The data from Techsurvey12 was illuminating, providing broadcasters with a unique look at their audiences. The growing use of digital platforms, the emotional triggers that make broadcast radio unique across different generations, and podcasting were all areas that provided great guidance to help the industry better understand the major changes taking place. Techsurvey13 will be bigger and better.”
This year’s study will launch in mid-January. Stations have until January 20th to sign up: www.jacobsmedia.com/techsurvey
Techsurvey13 will again feature trending so that broadcasters can see the changes that occur with audience usage and habits from year-to-year, as well as deeper dives into the following areas:
- Further examination of how generations impact behaviors and media choices.
- A deep dive into podcasting – who’s participating and what types of podcasts they prefer.
- Social networking growth – specifically, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat – and how stations can best participate in this space.
- Use of Internet radio, from station streams to Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Apple Music and others
- How listeners connect with stations utilizing streams, websites, social media channels, podcasts, etc.
- The subscription mindset – what are consumers willing to pay for entertainment and information?
- An analysis of media consumption in cars, the new “at-work,” and its impact on consumer behavior and audio choices.
- The growth of mobile phones, tablets, and apps – especially as the space shows growth every year.
- Trending on smartwatches and fitness wearables.
- The impact of Smart TVs and how they’re being used as in-home “radios.”
- The cord-cutting mindset and customization of entertainment.
- The changing world of new music discovery.
Stations can participate in two different ways:
- No fee – This allows participation in the results webinar, along with receiving national data
- A small fee based on market size – Stakeholder stations receive all the national data, participation in the webinar, as well as an in-depth look at their unique audience, their format’s audience, including their station’s “Media Usage Pyramid” and “Brand Platform Pyramid”
Broadcasters can sign up online www.jacobsmedia.com/techsurvey and/or contact Lisa Riker at Jacobs Media for more information. 248-353-9030 email@example.com
Techsurvey13 is powered by NuVoodoo.
For more information, please contact:
Latest posts by Seth Resler (see all)
- 5 Tips for Writing Better Headlines on Your Radio Station Website - June 23, 2017
- What We Learned from the “Podcast Makeover” Panel at Podcast Movement - June 21, 2017
- 5 Website Stats Every Radio Program Director Should Track - June 16, 2017