FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Stations can sign up now for what will be the largest survey about technology ever conducted for radio
Bingham Farms, Michigan – Jacobs Media announced today that registration is open for radio stations to register to participate in Techsurvey12. Last year, Jacobs Media’s Techsurvey11 was a groundbreaking survey. Overall, 222 radio stations across North America representing over a diverse group of broadcasting companies contributed more than 41,000 respondents to radio’s largest survey devoted to technology.
Thirteen different formats were represented, helping programmers and managers focus their efforts and resources on what is truly important for their listeners. And a new Brand Platform Pyramid showed stakeholder stations how some of the biggest brands – Netflix, YouTube, Twitter, and others – are being used by their audiences. Techsurvey12 will provide even more insights as Jacobs Media tracks media usage and tech trends.
According to Jacobs Media President Fred Jacobs, “The data from TS11 was spectacular, providing broadcasters with a unique look at their audiences. From the use of digital platforms to the emotional triggers that make broadcast radio unique across different generations, it was a great study and helped the industry better understand the major changes taking place in social media, digital audio, the “connected car,” and more. Techsurvey12 will be bigger and better.”
This year’s study will launch in mid-January. Stations have until January 11 to sign up. Please use the following link to register – www.jacobsmedia.com/techsurvey12.
Once again, research firm NuVoodoo will be handling back-end responsibilities for TS12, including data processing.
TS12 will again feature tracking so that broadcasters can see the changes that occur with audience usage and habits from year-to-year, as well as deeper dives into the following areas:
- Further examination of how generations impact behaviors and media choices.
- Social networking growth – specifically, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest – and how stations can best participate in this space.
- Use of Internet radio, from station streams to Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and others.
- How listeners connect with stations utilizing streams, websites, social media channels, podcasts, etc.
- A deep dive into podcasting – who’s participating and what podcasts are they using?
- An analysis of media consumption in cars, the new “at-work.”
- The growth of mobile phones, tablets, and apps – especially as the space evolves.
- The “connected car” and its impact on consumer behavior and audio choices.
- Tracking on smartwatches and wearables.
- The impact of Smart TVs and how radio/audio play a role.
Stations can participate in two different ways:
- No fee – This allows participation in the results webinar, along with national data.
- A small fee based on market size – Stakeholder stations receive all the national data, participation in the webinar, as well as an in-depth look at their unique audience, including their station’s “Media Usage Pyramid.”
Broadcasters can sign up online at www.jacobsmedia.com/techsurvey12 and/or contact Lisa Riker at Jacobs Media for more information: 248-353-9030 email@example.com
Jacobs Media is a Detroit-based media research and consulting firm, specializing in radio, television, and new media. The company also develops applications for smartphones, and provides consultation for broadcast and digital media brands.
Latest posts by Seth Resler (see all)
- Creating Personas: Envision the Audience for Your Radio Station’s Blog or Podcast - December 8, 2017
- How to Add Calls to Action to Your Radio Station’s YouTube Videos - December 1, 2017
- How to Get Your Listeners to Write Your Radio Station’s Blog - November 24, 2017