John Ellis, the founder of Ellis and Associates, talks about the increasing role of software in today’s connected cars. He discusses the impact that Apple’s CarPlay and Google’s Android Auto operating systems will have on radio stations.
- Ford developed the Sync operating system
- Chysler uses the Uconnect operating system
- Cars are subject to the Digital Millenium Copyright Act
- Watch Fred Jacobs’ webinar on the connected car
Recorded backstage at the 2015 DASH Conference in Detroit. Produced by James Clausen.
- DASH Podcast Episode 12: How Online Music Services Think About the Connected Car (Michael Kasparian)
- DASH Podcast Episode 11: Radio’s Role in Auto Advertising in the Digital Age (Chris Carlton)
- DASH Podcast Episode 10: What Consumers Want in Connected Cars (Dave Sargent)
- DASH Podcast Episode 9: Infotainment Innovations in Car Dashboards (Chris Andrews)
- DASH Podcast Episode 8: How Podcasts Are Monetized (Erik Diehn)
Latest posts by Seth Resler (see all)
- This One WordPress Plugin Is Responsible for 16% of Our Website Pageviews - August 18, 2017
- KNDD’s Gregr: 5 Ways Podcasting Has Made Me A Better Broadcaster - August 18, 2017
- How to Add a Cover Video to Your Radio Station’s Facebook Page - August 11, 2017